Welcome to Rick Rabiser’s Homepage
Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. (Curriculum Vitae)
Professor for Software Engineering in Cyber-Physical Systems,
Linz Institute of Technology, Cyber-Physical Systems Lab,
Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
Altenberger Strasse 69, A-4040 Linz, Austria
Information for Students: I have no explicit office hours, so if you need something, e.g., information on the courses I teach or about available projects, Bachelor’s theses, and Master’s theses, do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at any time and we will arrange an appointment. Information on courses is available in KUSSS.
- Variability Management and Systems and Software Product Lines
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Automated Software Engineering
- Requirements Engineering
- Requirements Monitoring
- Usability and User Interface Design
- Industry/Academia Collaborations
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Systems and Software Product Lines
- Variability Modeling and Management
- (User-Centered) Product Derivation
- (Systematic) Literature Studies and Surveys
- Usability Studies/User Studies
- Industry-Academia Collaboration
- Monitoring of Software(-intensive) Systems
- Domain-Specific Languages
- Cyber-Physical Systems
Word Cloud of my publication titles
- My DBLP Profile
- My Google Scholar Profile
- My Microsoft Academic Profile
- My researchr Profile
- My ResearchGate Profile
- My Mendeley Profile
- Semantic Scholar
- JKU FODOK
- Euromicro DSD/SEAA Facebook Page
- Euromicro Twitter Account
As a member of the steering, organizing, program (and/or other) committees for these events I cordially invite you to submit your research to:
- Software Quality Days 2020, January 14-17, 2020, Vienna, Austria.
- VaMoS 2020, February 5-7, 2020, Magdeburg, Germany.
- Software Engineering 2020, February 25-28, 2020, Innsbruck, Austria.
- Euromicro SEAA/DSD 2020, August 26-28, 2020, Portoroz, Slovenia.
- SPLC 2020, October 19-24, 2020, Montreal, Canada.
Services for Research Communities
(only recent, please refer to my CV for the full list)
Steering Committee Memberships
Program Committee Memberships
SWQD 2016, VaMoS 2016, ICSR 2016, SEKE 2016, SBES@CBSoft, SWQD 2017, VaMoS 2017, RESACS@REFSQ 2017, VACE 2017, ICSR 2017, SEKE 2017, SPLC 2017, SBES 2017, SWQD 2018, VaMoS 2018, VSPL Track@SAC 2018, ICSR 2018, SEsCPS’18@ICSE 2018, SEKE 2018, RESACS@RE 2018, SPLC 2018, Doct Symp@SPLC 2018, Configuration Workshop 2018, SBES 2018, SWQD 2019, VaMoS 2019, VSPLE Track@SAC 2019, SEsCPS@ICSE 2019, SEKE 2019, SPLC 2019, MODEVAR@SPLC 2019, WEESR@SPLC 2019, SASI4@ECSA 2019, Workshop on Configuration 2019, SBES@CBSOFT 2019, Software Quality Days 2020, VaMoS 2020, SPLC 2020 (Research Track), SPLC 2020 Doctoral Symposium
Organizing Committee Memberships
- Euromicro SEAA 2014 –- PC Chair (with Richard Torkar)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2014 –- OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- Euromicro SEAA 2015 -- SPPI Track Chair (with Stefan Biffl)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2015 -- OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- SPLC 2016 -- Research Track PC Chair (with Bing Xie)
- MoLS 2017 at ICPE 2017 -- OC Chair (with Michael Vierhauser, Sam Guinea, and Willi Hasselbring)
- Euromicro SEAA 2017 -- SPPI Track Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl)
- ManLang'18 -- Publicity Co-Chair (with Manuel Rigger)
- Euromicro SEAA 2018 -- SPPI Track Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl) and MoLS Special Session Chair (with Michael Vierhauser, Sam Guinea, and Willi Hasselbring)
- SPLC 2018 -- Tutorials Chair (with Christoph Elsner)
- SPLTea@SPLC 2018 -- OC Chair (with Mathieu Acher and Roberto Lopez-Herrejon)
- Euromicro SEAA 2019 -- SPPI Track Co-Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl)
- SPLC 2019 -- Demonstrations and Tools Chair (with Leopoldo Teixeira)
- SPLTea 2019 (Workshop@SPLC 2019) -- OC Co-Chair
- MODEVAR 2019 (Workshop@SPLC 2019), OC Co-Chair
- SE 2020 -- PC Chair (with Willi Hasselbring)
- Euromicro SEAA 2020 -- SPPI Track Co-Chair (with Dietmar Winkler and Stefan Biffl)
- JKU Young Computer Scientists -- Program Manager
Reviewer for Journals and Magazines
Information and Software Technology (IST), Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), Empirical Software Engineering (EMSE), Data and Knowledge Engineering (DKE), Science of Computer Programming (SCP), IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), Software Quality Journal (SQJ), Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM), IEEE Software, IEEE Transactions on Service Computing (TSC), Computer Languages, Systems and Structures (COMLAN), ACM Computing Surveys, Journal of Universal Computer Science (Special Issue on Knowledge-based Configuration) ACM Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (TOSEM)
(Guest) Editor for Special Sections/Issues in Journals
- International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), Special Section on Software Diversity - Modeling, Analysis and Evolution, Editors: Ina Schaefer, Rick Rabiser, Dave Clarke, Springer, 2011/2012.
- Information and Software Technology, Special Section on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, Editors: Rick Rabiser and Richard Torkar, Elsevier, 2014/2015.
- Journal of Systems and Software, Special Issue on Quality Engineering and Management of Software-Intensive Systems, Editors: Michael Felderer, Helena Holmström Olsson, Rick Rabiser, Elsevier, 2017/2018.
- Journal of Systems and Software Most Cited Article from 2010 for "Dhungana, D., Grünbacher, P., Rabiser, R., Neumayer, T.: Structuring the Modeling Space and Supporting Evolution in Software Product Line Engineering. The Journal of Systems and Software, 83(7), pp.1108-1122, 2010"
- Information and Software Technology Most Cited Article from 2010 for "Rabiser, R., Grünbacher, P., Dhungana, D.: Requirements for Product Derivation Support: Results from a Systematic Literature Review and an Expert Survey. Information and Software Technology, vol. 52(3), pp. 324-346, 2010"
- Best Paper Award at WICSA 2014 for "Vierhauser, M., Rabiser, R., Grünbacher, P., Danner, C., Wallner, S., Zeisel, H.: A Flexible Framework for Runtime Monitoring of System-of-Systems Architectures, Proceedings of the 11th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA 2014), Sydney, Australia, April 7-11, 2014, IEEE, pp. 57-66.”
- In an article analyzing 20 years of research on Software Product Lines I was recognized as one of the 15 most prolific researchers in the field. The article was published in 2016 the Information and Software Technology Journal.
- Journal of Systems and Software Outstanding Reviewer Award (November 2016), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2014-2016.
- Information and Software Technology Outstanding Reviewer Award (December 2016), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2014-2016.
- Journal of Software and Systems Modeling Reviewer Recognition (March 2017).
- IEEE Software Reviewer Recognition (“Certificate of Appreciation”) (May 2018)
- Journal of Systems and Software Outstanding Reviewer Award (June 2018), i.e., within the top 10th percentile of reviewers for the Journal, in terms of the number of manuscript reviews completed 2017-2018.
- Distinguished Reviewer Award (September 2018) at SPLC 2018 (22nd International Systems and Software Product Line Conference, Sept 10-14, Gothenburg, Sweden).
- JKU Work Abroad Photo Contest First Prize (October 2018) at Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria, for the Photo “Tower of Knowledge” made inside Prague Municipal Library while attending the Euromicro SEAA 2018 conference
- Journal of Software Practice and Experience Distinguished Referee 2018 ("These referees gave outstanding service to the journal based on the criteria of quality, timeliness, and volume of reviews.")
- Outstanding Reviewer Award at SBES 2019 (Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering, Sept 23-27, 2019, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil): “awarded to reviewers who submitted outstanding quality reviews to SBES”.
- Listed as one of the key researchers in Austrian computer science in the 2019 CWTS Bibliometric Report "Bibliometric analysis of the Austrian computer science research (2000-2017)" (www.wissenschaftsrat.ac.at).
- Journal of Software and Systems Modeling Reviewer Recognition (Jan 2019).
- Member of the Most-Influential Paper Selection Committee of the Int’l Systems and Software Product Line Conference (SPLC), 2016-2020.
- Professional Member of ACM
- Member of Euromicro
- Member of the Euromicro Board of Directors (Director for Austria)
- Member of the Euromicro Executive Office (Publicity Secretary)